Re: [Shop-talk] Alarm Systems

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Alarm Systems
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:49:22 -0600
We have a friend with ADT, and have found that the sensors they use are not
that great. The monitoring service is marginal at best.  We opted for video
surveillance.  We put a digital security DVR in an inaccessible room in the
basement, and cameras throughout the house.  It has video motion sensing
and records up to 10 seconds BEFORE motion is detected.  The system will
text my phone if it gets tripped, and can also email a photo to me.  It can
be integrated with other alarm systems to start recording  based on other
sensors as well.  The DVR was $200 on open box discount from newegg, and
the cameras run anywhere from $20 to $200 depending on what you need them
to do.

--
= Never offend people with style when you   =

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums