Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install

To: jniolon@bham.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:01:38 -0600
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM,  <jniolon@bham.rr.com> wrote:
> last weekend I had to replace the hi temp sensor in my whirlpool elec.
dryer. B I notice a fair accumulation of lint in the old contractor grade
cheap alum flex pipe. B It drops thru the floor, makes a droopy 35' or so run
to the outside foundation wall and exits thru the common dryer vent end
cap/cover. B I think I need to replace this with rigid 4" but can only find
the 2' sections that box stores sell at platinum prices...

> any sources for longer lengths and fittings for same ??? B  install hints.
tips or warnings...

Isn't it just galvanized (or aluminum) duct, as used for forced hot air
systems?

But before you do anything, check what your dryer's maximum length of
duct is.  I'll bet it's well less than 35 feet, particularly with at
least two elbows in the run.