Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:53:12 -0500
What he said. I'm not sure what it's *supposed* to be, but my house had
PVC in it when we bought it. But the run was so long (maybe 20 feet
total, with one 90 degree and one 45 degree bend) that I ripped it out
to install an in-line vent assist fan. Haven't put the fan in yet,
though--my wife bought a drying rack and we rarely use the dryer itself
any more.

On 1/28/2012 5:01 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
> Isn't it just galvanized (or aluminum) duct, as used for forced hot
> air systems? But before you do anything, check what your dryer's
> maximum length of duct is. I'll bet it's well less than 35 feet,
> particularly with at least two elbows in the run.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums