Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install

To: jniolon@bham.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install
From: Shannah Miller <shannahquilts@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 15:04:27 -0800
The only other thing I'd add is to watch the rise.  I have
been watching "Holmes on Homes" and he says that
you should be really careful not to leave any spot where
the lint is inclined to drop and accumulate.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM,  <jniolon@bham.rr.com> wrote:
> last weekend I had to replace the hi temp sensor in my whirlpool elec.
dryer.  I notice a fair accumulation of lint in the old contractor grade cheap
alum flex pipe.  It drops thru the floor, makes a droopy 35' or so run to the
outside foundation wall and exits thru the common dryer vent end cap/cover.  I
think I need to replace this with rigid 4" but can only find the 2' sections
that box stores sell at platinum prices...

> any sources for longer lengths and fittings for same ???   install hints.
tips or warnings...