[Shop-talk] Rebuilding car batteries

Subject: [Shop-talk] Rebuilding car batteries
From: strovato at optonline.net (Steven Trovato)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 23:45:11 -0500
John,

I don't know of any such service.  There is one company,
http://www.antiqueautobattery.com/, that sells very realistic looking
reproductions.  There is another company, http://tartopper.com/ that
puts some fake plastic stuff around a modern battery.  Perhaps it
would be possible to take your battery and replace the guts with a
modern, smaller battery.  You can also try modern battery
charger/desulphator things, but eventually every battery will die so
the best you can hope for would be to squeeze out a little more time.

-Steve Trovato
strovato at optonline.net