[Shop-talk] Can steel cable be welded?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Can steel cable be welded?
From: pat at hornesystemstx.com (Pat Horne)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:53:10 -0600
Jim,

There are cable shorteners that will work if the cable is not in a
sheath all the way back. It looks like 2 triangular plates with bolts or
studs through 2 of the corners. At the third corner there is a hole in a
block between the plates that allows a hook to go through between the
studs and pulls the cable down. It is easier to see one than describe it.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Jim Stone, On 1/19/2012 4:55 PM: