[Shop-talk] Light delay for shop entrance

Subject: [Shop-talk] Light delay for shop entrance
From: gsteve at hammatt.com (Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 09:14:14 -0800
Howe 'bout something like this
http://www.uxcell.com/light-lamp-energy-saving-time-delay-lag-wall-switch-white-p-164186.html

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Scarbrough
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 8:49 AM
To: shop-talk at autox.team.net

So, here's a shop-related question...My shop is some distance from the
house, and in a semi-rural location.  I'd like to switch off the porch
light over the shop steps, but have it remain illuminated for some
period of time - like a garage door operator light.

I can find any number of ways to keep the light from coming on for a
time after the switch is flipped, but keeping it on after the switch
goes off seems a bit tougher - for obvious reasons.

Anyone got any simple, inexpensive ideas?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html