[Shop-talk] computer virus question

Subject: [Shop-talk] computer virus question
From: racertod at racertodd.com (Todd Walke)
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 18:47:23 -0800
John wrote:

>so I'm getting a new box... but I'm wondering what software I can find to
>clean up the old system and make it useable again.

         Do you have the Windows install disk and license key that came
with the old machine?  If so, wiping the disk and reinstalling Windows will
give you a clean install with no viruses remaining.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 274,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       329,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff