[Shop-talk] computer virus question

Subject: [Shop-talk] computer virus question
From: fishplate at gmail.com (Jeff Scarbrough)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 21:58:36 -0500
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM, John Niolon <jniolon at att.net> wrote:
> so I'm getting a new box... but I'm wondering what software I can find to
> clean up the old system and make it useable again...  anything I can
download
> (without a virus) that might work at cleaning it up...   I run my avg and
keep
> it up to date... use malware and spyware watchers also... I'm still
wondering
> what happened...

In addition to what others have said, here's a link to a site I find
useful for all sorts of real-world computer problems...

http://ask-leo.com

And for you, this:

http://ask-leo.com/internet_safety_how_do_i_keep_my_computer_safe_on_the_inte
rnet.html

Have a shufti at that, as they say, and see if Leo can help.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.