[Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE

Subject: [Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE
From: kvacek at ameritech.net (Karl Vacek)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 13:22:54 -0500
Might be an old wives' tale, but it seems to work for us.  Our area is
incredibly sandy - 18+ inches of black top soil on at least 12 feet of sand,
and the ants love it - they come into the house every few months through
floor slab cracks in hidden areas.  We put corn meal out and they do indeed
disappear in a few days.  The story is that ants eat corn meal but can't
digest it, and eventually die from lack of nutrition.

Seems to work for us, though it's not all that fast and mainly kills the
ones who eat it - don't know how much they carry back to the nest before
they die.