Re: [Shop-talk] Ford Explorer Brake Line Repair

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ford Explorer Brake Line Repair
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 07:42:42 -0700
> An 8 or 9 year old truck blew out a brake line?! Think I'd be calling an
> attorney, not a mechanic. What a POS. No wonder they call them "Exploders"

How long would you expect a brake hose to last?

Brake hoses do not see much UV (like tires or outside body rubber) or
extremes of temperature (like engine-compartment seals, belts, and hoses
or interior elastomers) but they are exposed to all of the crap that
gets thrown around in the wheelwells and are in near-constant
motion/flex while the vehicle's moving.

John.