Re: [Shop-talk] Dead PC

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dead PC
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:43:10 -0400
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=groupwbench.org; h=content-type :mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; q=dns; s= groupwbench.org; b=eLhSXp1PW51vLPlTiXAs5aQ4bvp/gDUs+uyh5IhQ9U1CI r7tUenuNHev90qX4PeoZNJcscQqVXeXWh3x21ciEmkUHimkSK1KFjiCn7lMxVC2R UgopbJ48Xu6/FoIRj5SNEcsWRaRdSbjHkWYtU//nlJ3eiVkqrdYy/tg6xSGEpA= content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; s= groupwbench.org; bh=xH3ROFXApZo9DTCUJviATKRbpxs=; b=G6uWD1uUGM3l ZWRY27ScfjqfooTslhG0PxW4jPA3B36vCmYq3j7drRBhiLifUvkRllBjLhgCKIvF /clfO9vGWDJC0qqIDrWD4bgXnGNA9/NtjyQJWBOF0WeOdrkTp3O+E8aR2p5yr9yu AgdFI6HSMSH6rd374LjS98ZkM5xnWKw=
On Aug 15, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Jim Stone wrote:

> I have just returned from a two week vacation and my home PC is completely
> dead.  Even though it is plugged into a surge protector, I unplugged it and
my
> router before I left town, although I did leave the ethernet cable in.
> Everything else in the house seems to be working fine, with the exception of
> CO2 dector, which perhaps coincidently now shows ERR on the display.
Still,
> that seems like only a concidence, as the only connection between the PC
and
> the outside world was the ethernet cord.  However, I do know there was at
> least one severe thunderstorm warning for the area while I was gone.

You confirmed that the outlet is working? That got me for an hour after a
storm tripped the GFCI in the garage.