Re: [Shop-talk] This is why I don't work in IT, was: Re: Entirely not s

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] This is why I don't work in IT, was: Re: Entirely not shop related, but...
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 08:30:37 -0600
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Tim <tputland@charter.net> wrote:
> Since there are others on this list that will be albe to answer the IT part
> of this better than I can, all I want to talk about right now is the Best
> Buy part of this problem....
>
> If you bought software from them based on THEIR incorrect
> information/guidance....then they should make good on THEIR error. If I was
> you I would make a stink and see to it that they make it right.

In most states, there's an 'implied warranty of merchantability',
which means if you're sold something as being suitable for a purpose,
it needs to be.  They've certainly failed at that, and need to make it
right, or give you your money back.  It's best buy, though, so you're
probably stuck bitching at your credit card company.  I fail to
understand how that place stays in business.