Re: [Shop-talk] Installing multiple 240 outlets.

To: "eric@megageek.com" <eric@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Installing multiple 240 outlets.
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:00:00 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
I faced a similar situation when I wired my garage.  I ended up running a
circuit to my compressor, which is hard-wired,and then putting a 220v outlet
next to the compressor on the same circuit for occasional use.  I just have to
make sure that the compressor is turned off if I'm going to plug something in
to that outlet.

I don't see why this is a safety concern.  I have many outlets wired to each
15 or 20A circuit in my house.  I can plug a 12A load into any if them, but I
can't run two 12A loads off of one.  It's the same in the garage but with
another hot leg.

-Paul