Re: [Shop-talk] Installing multiple 240 outlets.

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Installing multiple 240 outlets.
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 09:39:07 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 09/21/2013 09:39:18, Serialize complete at 09/21/2013 09:39:18
David asks...
>No Ford Focus on your list?

It was on the list, but after seeing the same results with the other two
all electric cars, I felt there was no reason to waste my time.  It was
listed at about the same ranges, etc.

The problem is my range.  Most electric cars work best if your daily
commute is either 30 miles or less, or less than 60 miles, but you can
charge at work.

My need is 34 miles one way, and no ability to charge at work (yet.)

That is why I went with the volt.  Once the battery is gone, you got
unlimited fuel.

With the Volt, I can now pressure my employer to get the charging station,
because I already have a car to use on it, but I can use the gas until
they do.

The only reason I did this was that the numbers worked or me (I need an
SUV that gets poor milage frequently but not as a daily commuter), so my
fuel costs were $460 a month at $3.50 a gallon.

I have 2 spreadsheets and (for those into  higher level analysis) a
"analysis of competing hypothesis" matrix that all point to the Volt as
the answer.*

So the new vehicle, with all the costs (insurance, etc) was less than I
was currently spending, and I gain a new car in the process and save the
milage of my SUV which I love and can keep much longer now.

Oh, I have solar at my house, so that makes a recharge 'free' for me as
well.

 I have a feeling that in 3 to 5 years, electric cars will be more of the
'norm' and not fringe.

*=(I have no problem sharing these with anyone interested.)

Eric P
Waldo Emerson