[Shop-talk] Water treatment options

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Water treatment options
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:18:40 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/13/2014 18:18:03, Serialize complete at 01/13/2014 18:18:03
Well, I finally had my water tested since the new well, and of course it
looks like I need some treatments. (Questions in BOLD)

First, I had a 'free water testing' done by a local plumbing chain.  They
are the ones that gave me the test results.

Should I pay for a water test from a local lab to make sure they are just
tell everyone their water is bad to sell systems?

Next, I had acidic water, 5.5 I believe (I had to wait to get the actual
results), then I had hardwater (to be expected), and finally I had iron in
the water.

The Iron I'm not worried about. (you can't see, or smell it.)

The hard water, I wanted to treat with an electronic system. Does anyone
know if they work, or are they snake oil?

Finally, I have to install a system to neutralize the water.  Does anyone
have any ideas on what I should do?

I plan to do the work myself, am I crazy?

Thanks in advance.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson