Re: [Shop-talk] Toggle switch covers

To: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toggle switch covers
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 07:21:49 -0500
Cc: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com> wrote:
> In most shops these are big red mushroom head
> switches, but when they built my school nearly 30 years ago they ran out of
> money and so my E-stop switches are center off SPDT toggle switches.

I can't help you with the toggle switch cover, but...

If this is an emergency stop button, it seems like having to fumble
for a cover and flip it up to toggle a switch is a less than ideal
solution.  A proper mushroom-head E-stop switch is as cheap as $13
from Automation Direct.  I know that schools are chronically
underfunded, but it's not as if you were asking for new equipment,
just new equipment to improve the safety of the students.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Pushbuttons_-z-_Switches_-z-_Indicators/22mm_Metal

Just my 2 cents...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.