Re: [Shop-talk] Toggle switch covers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toggle switch covers
From: Mark Miller <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:31:03 -0800
References: <mailman.7.1419015602.5381.shop-talk@autox.team.net> s=q20140121; t=1419057058; bh=ZABKYlR9J10QZFQx6tlndl1wIAvLYDCKa1fCESaXO1w=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:MIME-Version:To: Subject:Content-Type; b=qovUkmgp07VGGRyqHpuOGjLWvszmpzsJrx7gWGChXUb2K6I5+UnRKtNbzxjDBEGO1 s77LYAQ4FKhw0Fr0oUrGejLgUOJllBpoLazdH4ygQzTxedyTRecv2Pg3rkz6zf3Ny1 Znczj3NTLP2NNhKKXhtBOdGD42XrX4Y1ivZx50v9wmunZbqLgpJjAUyFMx0roN3uen wm68a0q0++qUil32zoaUiQ96dc1bsAsX2Uz2igZUv/1yDFcElJn+dVVQZgZ+r2Ek2R FP7b/CGgftHAQK49Qdu6JQH6VNr1PHArBtnCh6KXvTpht9ajpOglikv+wEeDXmrJcW //4LeZB61e9NQ==
Do not add any covers. In fact, take off any covers that you still have in
place. If you add guards and someone ever gets hurt from a power tool then
there will be the question of whether it would have happened if the guard was
not there. I recommend either leaving it the way it is and tolerate the
occasional accidental power reset (seriously, how often does this happen?) or
buy the right kind of safety switch. McMaster Carr has them for thirty bucks
and I'm sure you can find them for less elsewhere.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#6741k41/=v3n3ks