Re: [Shop-talk] 5x8 trailer decking ideas?

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 5x8 trailer decking ideas?
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:33:32 -0500
Cc: Shop Talk List <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I don't think a solid bed is a good idea. I'd consider using 2 x 12s, even
though you'd need to figure a way to attach them to the existing decking,
that shouldn't be hard to do. We have a 5 x 10 trailer that was originally
decked with untreated 2 x 12s. Over several years the back end of those
rotted away. When I replaced them I used treated 2 x 12s, primed and
painted on all sides and the ends, before I put them down. Wasn't real
cheap, but not terribly expensive either. No issues since and they're a
solid base for pretty much anything I want to put in the trailer. I left a
nail width cap between the boards so water wouldn't sit on the bed.

FWIW