Re: [Shop-talk] Wiring for a pilot light wall switch.

To: <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wiring for a pilot light wall switch.
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 11:55:23 -0700
> I'm sorry, the link is one that is slightly different then
> the one I have.  The one I have has 3 terminals.  but it
> states in bold letters in the directions (but nowhere on the
> package) that this switch can not be used to replace a two
> wire switch.  There is a "common",  two "Loads" Labeled "A1"
> and "B1".

Make take a little investigation, but I don't see why that wouldn't work.  To
get the light to come on when the switch is on, feed
the power to the "load" terminal for the switch (which I assume would be A1,
but best to check with an ohmmeter or buzz box); then
connect the other "load" terminal to neutral (and the actual load to the
"common").

But before you try that, make sure there is never a direct connection between
"B1" and the other two terminals!

-- Randall