Re: [Shop-talk] chains vs snow tires

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] chains vs snow tires
From: "Jim Franklin" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 12:49:44 -0500
I'll start off by saying I have zero experience with chains, but lots with
snow :-)

For occasional use, I'd get cables, not chains. How much up/down hills do
you do?

If you decide on snows, get the tallest, narrowest ones you can fit. They
need to bite into the snow, so wide ones only make you float, esp. with
the relatively light rear end of a pickup.

jim