[Shop-talk] Looking to automate fan with remote pressure pad switch

To: <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Looking to automate fan with remote pressure pad switch
From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA via Shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 09:40:22 -0800

--===============3541332939742833082==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D4BEC9.255B2060"

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D4BEC9.255B2060
        charset="utf-8"

I=E2=80=99m looking to remotely control an existing fan.
The fan is currently manually controlled by a=20
normal 110V 15A wall on-off switch.  I=E2=80=99m looking=20
for hardware that can replace the existing switch=20
and operate the fan for a pre-set (hopefully adjustable)=20
length of time.  The new timer hardware would be wirelessly=20
controlled by a remote pressure pad.

Here=E2=80=99s the scenario:
Cat comes into the laundry room (where the cat box is=20
located) and enters the cat box.  The pressure pad would=20
be outside the cat box entry and the cat would activate the=20
pressure switch in the entry pad and a wireless signal would=20
be transmitted to the 110V power switch located in the existing=20
wall mounted gang box.  In my case, the entry pad is very near an=20
existing outlet, so it could be 110V. The fan would automatically=20
come on for a pre-determined amount of time, then automatically=20
turn off.The cat exiting the cat box would have no affect on the fan=20
since it=E2=80=99s already running.

Any clever ideas from our Shop-Talk members?  The assembly of=20
everything involved would take place in the shop, so the mandatory=20
shop application is thereby satisfied.
Thanks.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D4BEC9.255B2060
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>I=E2=80=99m looking to remotely control an existing fan.</DIV>
<DIV>The fan is currently manually controlled by a </DIV>
<DIV>normal 110V 15A wall on-off switch.&nbsp; I=E2=80=99m looking =
</DIV>
<DIV>for hardware that can replace the existing switch </DIV>
<DIV>and operate the fan for a pre-set (hopefully adjustable) </DIV>
<DIV>length of time.&nbsp; The new timer hardware would be wirelessly =
</DIV>
<DIV>controlled by a remote pressure pad.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here=E2=80=99s the scenario:</DIV>
<DIV>Cat comes into the laundry room (where the cat box is </DIV>
<DIV>located) and enters the cat box.&nbsp; The pressure pad would =
</DIV>
<DIV>be outside the cat box entry and the cat would activate the </DIV>
<DIV>pressure switch in the entry pad and a wireless signal would </DIV>
<DIV>be transmitted to the 110V power switch located in the existing =
</DIV>
<DIV>wall mounted gang box.&nbsp; In my case, the entry pad is very near =
an=20
</DIV>
<DIV>existing outlet, so it could be 110V. The fan would automatically =
</DIV>
<DIV>come on for a pre-determined amount of time, then automatically =
</DIV>
<DIV>turn off.The cat exiting the cat box would have no affect on the =
fan </DIV>
<DIV>since it=E2=80=99s already running.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any clever ideas from our Shop-Talk members?&nbsp; The assembly of =
</DIV>
<DIV>everything involved would take place in the shop, so the mandatory =
</DIV>
<DIV>shop application is thereby satisfied.</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: =
#000000">Steve=20
Hammatt<BR>Mount Vernon WA=20
USA<BR>www.leatherplates.com<BR><BR><BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk