Re: [Shop-talk] Looking to automate fan with remote pressure pad switch

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Looking to automate fan with remote pressure pad switch
From: John Miller via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 15:14:25 -0800
On 2/7/2019 12:39 PM, Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk wrote:
> This would be easy with some simple Arduino/Raspberry Pi stuff.  You
> could add a trigger for disco lights or soothing music too...maybe a
> scent dispenser...

Check out the Lutron Caseta stuff.  Plug-in switches/dimmers and remotes
with all kinds of functions.

Our house has a big old $30K Lutron Homeworks Interactive lighting
control system, basically three or four generations old at this point.
Picked up a Hubitat Elevation.  My software project for the next few
weeks (months...) is to figure out how to make it talk to the big
Lutron.  They have something for the newer plutocratic Homeworks
systems, and it talks to the Caseta stuff beautifully, but not the old
creaky pre-Dreadnought versions.

Gradually turning our house into a Caseta/Z-wave test lab in addition to
the old Lutron.

John.

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk