Re: [Shop-talk] annoying calls

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] annoying calls
From: eric--- via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 13:20:52 -0400 03/25/2019 01:20:50 PM, Serialize complete at 03/25/2019 01:20:50 PM
--===============3961101603337154098==

--=_alternative 005F484B852583C8_=

First, I think we all need to start telling congress to FIX THIS ISSUE or
vote them out.  It would be easy to fix it, but they don't want to upset
their campaigning.

There are lots of things you NEED to do to get *some* results.  First,
register on the do not call list...
https://www.donotcall.gov/

Now, when you get a call.  DO NOT ANSWER IT--- EVER!!!!!!

If you don't know the number, DO NOT ANSWER- PERIOD.  If it's important,
they will leave a message.

You can report calls to...
https://www.donotcall.gov/
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information#crnt
https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

And often filing this is more of a hassle, but I have seen some types of
calls stop.

You more than likely have a 'call blocking' option on the line
(conveniently, there is a charge for this service in most cases.)  Use
that for repeat callers.

NOTE TO PIXEL USERS (and I'm sure some other cell phone manufactures) they
have built in call blocking for free.

Don't forget, many of these are scam calls, so they do not play by the
rules.  Best thing to do is to keep you number to yourself as best as you
can (NEVER put it on a courtesy card or anything like that.)

Good luc...

Oh wait, my phone is ringing.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 005F484B852583C8_=

congress to FIX THIS ISSUE or vote them out. &nbsp;It would be easy to
fix it, but they don't want to upset their campaigning.</font>
do to get *some* results. &nbsp;First, register on the do not call
list...</font>
face="sans-serif">https://www.donotcall.gov/</font></a>
ANSWER IT--- EVER!!!!!!</font>
ANSWER- PERIOD. &nbsp;If it's important, they will leave a message.</font>
face="sans-serif">https://www.donotcall.gov/</font></a>
color=blue
face="sans-serif">https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information#crnt</font></a>
color=blue
face="sans-serif">https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us</font></a>
but I have seen some types of calls stop.</font>
option on the line (conveniently, there is a charge for this service in
most cases.) &nbsp;Use that for repeat callers.</font>
other cell phone manufactures) &nbsp;they have built in call blocking for
free.</font>
calls, so they do not play by the rules. &nbsp;Best thing to do is to keep
you number to yourself as best as you can (NEVER put it on a courtesy card
or anything like that.)</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============3961101603337154098==--