Re: [Shop-talk] annoying calls

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, john niolon <jniolon@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] annoying calls
From: PJ McGarvey via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 17:59:16 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

--_000_BL0PR03MB4211C5CD1890B7DAE798D0EF9A5E0BL0PR03MB4211namp_

My simple suggestion (and it may be too late) is to ignore the calls, and a=
dd them to block list if they come from the same number. Android has made i=
t easier by tapping on the number in your call log and there is now a "bloc=
k caller" option at the bottom. previously it was buried in the settings.

Nomorobo.com does cost money for cell phones last I checked. It was free fo=
r our land line through Verizon - which supports the technology.

I don't think handling it logically works anymore. As soon as you pick up t=
he phone or return a call, you've basically validated someone lives at that=
 number, and most likely those lists are shared with other spammer/scammers=
.

Another would be to cancel your land line if you don't use it much anyway. =
Or call your phone service providers and tell them they need to solve the i=
ssue with spam calls. It sounds like providers are hearing from their custo=
mers about this, and have most likely reached a threshold where they realiz=
e this will hurt their bu$ine$$ if they don't adopt a solution soon.