[Shop-talk] Working on a "modern" car, 2004 Chevy Blazer

To: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Working on a "modern" car, 2004 Chevy Blazer
From: Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 10:36:02 -0600
Whew, that was a hot bite! Made some jerked chicken thighs yesterday,
just had the leftovers for dinner. Maybe that last habanero was not
strictly needed.

But what I do need is some work on my truck, a 2004 S10 Blazer. It
doesn't always crank when you turn the key. Usually it works, sometimes
it takes many attempts and some jiggling the key. Not looking forward to
working on tracking down if it the key switch, the starter, or something
in between. Modern cars are so much more complicated than 50 year old
Triumphs. Those I know. Well, I used to, certainly out of practice these
days but I am guessing it won't take too much training to remember which
end of the screwdriver goes in my hand.

Hmmm, guess first step might be hitting one of the major chain parts
places for an appropriate repair guide, and start poring over wiring
diagrams. Fun fun fun!

mjb.