Re: [Shop-talk] Working on a "modern" car, 2004 Chevy Blazer

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Working on a "modern" car, 2004 Chevy Blazer
From: Ronnie Day via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 12:19:19 -0500

--0000000000008e82dd059377fae0

Mark, other than the usual traditional suspects I'd check Google and
YouTube. I'll bet you could find instructions for brain surgery on YouTube!

I've also found the Haynes on-line to be useful, sometimes. I have lifetime
Haynes subscriptions for our '02 Suburban and '07 Accord, but by the time
we bought our '98 F-150 they'd gone to annual only, which ticked me off
somewhat.

I'm guessing you have a code reader. Does it offer any information?

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 11:54 AM Pat Horne via Shop-talk <
shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

> I=E2=80=99ve found wiring diagrams on line @ autozone for free for my2006=
 Dodge
> Caravan. Crappy Hanes & chilling manuals are going for north of $25 if I
> remember correctly.
>
> Peace,
> Pat
>
> Pat Horne
> We support Habitat for Humanity
>

> > On Sep 26, 2019, at 11:42 AM, Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <
> shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:
> >

> =EF=BB=BFWhew, that was a hot bite! Made some jerked chicken thighs yeste=
rday,
> just had the leftovers for dinner. Maybe that last habanero was not
> strictly needed.
>
> But what I do need is some work on my truck, a 2004 S10 Blazer. It doesn'=
> always crank when you turn the key. Usually it works, sometimes it takes
> many attempts and some jiggling the key. Not looking forward to working o=
> tracking down if it the key switch, the starter, or something in between.
> Modern cars are so much more complicated than 50 year old Triumphs. Those=
> know. Well, I used to, certainly out of practice these days but I am
> guessing it won't take too much training to remember which end of the
> screwdriver goes in my hand.
>
> Hmmm, guess first step might be hitting one of the major chain parts
> places for an appropriate repair guide, and start poring over wiring
> diagrams. Fun fun fun!
>

> mjb.

--0000000000008e82dd059377fae0

eck Google and YouTube. I&#39;ll bet you could find instructions for brain =
ne to be useful, sometimes. I have lifetime Haynes subscriptions for our &#=
39;02 Suburban and &#39;07 Accord, but by the time we bought our &#39;98 F-=
150 they&#39;d gone to annual only, which ticked me off somewhat.<div><br><=
/div><div>I&#39;m guessing you have a code reader. Does it offer any inform=
ss=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 11:54 AM Pat Horne via Shop-talk =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";>shop-talk@autox.team.net</a=
>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px=
 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">I=
=E2=80=99ve found wiring diagrams on line @ autozone for free for my2006 Do=
dge Caravan. Crappy Hanes &amp; chilling manuals are going for north of $25=
 if I remember correctly. <br>
Peace,<br>
Pat<br>
Pat Horne <br>
We support Habitat for Humanity<br>
&gt; On Sep 26, 2019, at 11:42 AM, Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk &lt;<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">shop-talk@autox.tea=
m.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
=EF=BB=BFWhew, that was a hot bite! Made some jerked chicken thighs yesterd=
ay, just had the leftovers for dinner. Maybe that last habanero was not str=
ictly needed.<br>
But what I do need is some work on my truck, a 2004 S10 Blazer. It doesn&#3=
9;t always crank when you turn the key. Usually it works, sometimes it take=
s many attempts and some jiggling the key. Not looking forward to working o=
n tracking down if it the key switch, the starter, or something in between.=
 Modern cars are so much more complicated than 50 year old Triumphs. Those =
I know. Well, I used to, certainly out of practice these days but I am gues=
sing it won&#39;t take too much training to remember which end of the screw=
driver goes in my hand.<br>
Hmmm, guess first step might be hitting one of the major chain parts places=
 for an appropriate repair guide, and start poring over wiring diagrams. Fu=
n fun fun!<br>
mjb.<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=