Re: [Shop-talk] Working on a "modern" car, 2004 Chevy Blazer

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com> definitions=2019-09-26_07:, , signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-1906280000 definitions=main-1909260145
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Working on a "modern" car, 2004 Chevy Blazer
From: Pat Horne via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:53:23 -0500
Cc: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Iâ??ve found wiring diagrams on line @ autozone for free for my2006 Dodge
Caravan. Crappy Hanes & chilling manuals are going for north of $25 if I
remember correctly.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

> On Sep 26, 2019, at 11:42 AM, Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk
> <shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

Whew, that was a hot bite! Made some jerked chicken thighs yesterday, just
had the leftovers for dinner. Maybe that last habanero was not strictly needed.

But what I do need is some work on my truck, a 2004 S10 Blazer. It doesn't
always crank when you turn the key. Usually it works, sometimes it takes many
attempts and some jiggling the key. Not looking forward to working on tracking
down if it the key switch, the starter, or something in between. Modern cars
are so much more complicated than 50 year old Triumphs. Those I know. Well, I
used to, certainly out of practice these days but I am guessing it won't take
too much training to remember which end of the screwdriver goes in my hand.

Hmmm, guess first step might be hitting one of the major chain parts places for
an appropriate repair guide, and start poring over wiring diagrams. Fun fun fun!

mjb.