Re: [Shop-talk] Plug for 14/2 solid wire?

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plug for 14/2 solid wire?
From: Steven Trovato via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:44:53 -0500
Jim,

If these are regular wall mounted lights, they should be wired
directly into a box.  You should add a line from power source to a
switch and then to the lights.  All of this should be done within the
walls, ceiling, etc of the building, or in conduit if mounted on the
surface.  The switch you use can incorporate a timer if
desired.  There should be no plugs involved, and no lamp cord.  Of
course you can rig up anything you want and make the lights come on,
but it won't be proper or safe like that.  Is this intended to be a
permanent installation?  If it is, do it right.

-Steve