Re: [Shop-talk] Plug for 14/2 solid wire?

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plug for 14/2 solid wire?
From: Steven Trovato via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 16:11:28 -0500
Cc: Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--=====================_339004992==.ALT

OK, just don't want you to fry anyone or burn the place down.  What
sort of timer are you looking for?  It seems to me that there are
dozens of them.

<https://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical-Wiring-Devices-Light-Controls-Timers/In-Wall/N-5yc1vZc334Z1z17mau>https://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical-Wiring-Devices-Light-Controls-Timers/In-Wall/N-5yc1vZc334Z1z17mau

-Steve

At 03:59 PM 11/10/2019, Jim Franklin wrote:
>I should have prefaced that I know what "right" is, and it's just
>not gonna happen for various reasons. There will be proper boxes
>where the fixture wiring connects to the Romex, at least. It's the
>other end that's the issue.
>
>A quick Google doesn't find any direct-wire single-gang switches
>with built-in timers, which would be neat. Do you know of any?
>There's an ugly floodlight already switched that I'd like to remove,
>and if I can repurpose the wiring to that into a junction box with
>the new light wiring, and replace the switch with a timered switch,
>that would be quite close to "right".
>
>Heck, I might even get excited enough to buy some rigid conduit for
>the Romex instead of leaving it exposed :-)
>
>jim

--=====================_339004992==.ALT

OK, just don't want you to fry anyone or burn the place down.&nbsp; What
sort of timer are you looking for?&nbsp; It seems to me that there are
dozens of them.&nbsp; <br><br>
<a
href="https://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical-Wiring-Devices-Light-Controls-Timers/In-Wall/N-5yc1vZc334Z1z17mau";>
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical-Wiring-Devices-Light-Controls-Timers/In-Wall/N-5yc1vZc334Z1z17mau</a>
-Steve<br><br>
At 03:59 PM 11/10/2019, Jim Franklin wrote:<br>
know what &quot;right&quot; is, and it's just not gonna happen for
various reasons. There will be proper boxes where the fixture wiring
connects to the Romex, at least. It's the other end that's the
issue.<br><br>
A quick Google doesn't find any direct-wire single-gang switches with
built-in timers, which would be neat. Do you know of any? There's an ugly
floodlight already switched that I'd like to remove, and if I can
repurpose the wiring to that into a junction box with the new light
wiring, and replace the switch with a timered switch, that would be quite
close to &quot;right&quot;.<br><br>
Heck, I might even get excited enough to buy some rigid conduit for the
Romex instead of leaving it exposed :-)<br><br>
jim</blockquote></body>

--===============7895097555861136856==

--===============7895097555861136856==--