Re: [Shop-talk] Fence posts

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fence posts
From: Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 06:15:11 -0400

--000000000000c701ca05a0f61866

How about some plastic door/window shims?  Cheap enough, and you should be
able to jam them between the post and the concrete.  Bonus is you can use
two or four per hole if you need to plumb it up.  (Two, assuming the rails
will hold it plum from side to side, otherwise four to hold it
independently of the efence).

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 12:12 AM Robert Nogueirao via Shop-talk <
shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Folks, I have a 4 foot high cedar wood fence in bad shape that I need to
> fix. While I will replacing the rails and pickets with new wood the posts
> appear to be in good condition,  ie: no rot, except for the fact they are
> set in concrete and the posts have shrunk a bit so the posts are loose on
> the concrete.
> What would be the easiest way to firm up the posts in those holes?
> I=E2=80=99m only looking for a fix that will last 5 or so years.
> Bob Nogueira

--000000000000c701ca05a0f61866

gh, and you should be able to jam them between the post and the concrete.=
=C2=A0 Bonus is you can use two or four per hole if you need to plumb it up=
.=C2=A0 (Two, assuming the rails will hold it plum=C2=A0from side to side, =
"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at=
 12:12 AM Robert Nogueirao via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-talk@au=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px sol=
id rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><br>
Folks, I have a 4 foot high cedar wood fence in bad shape that I need to fi=
x. While I will replacing the rails and pickets with new wood the posts app=
ear to be in good condition,=C2=A0 ie: no rot, except for the fact they are=
 set in concrete and the posts have shrunk a bit so the posts are loose on =
the concrete.<br>
What would be the easiest way to firm up the posts in those holes? <br>
I=E2=80=99m only looking for a fix that will last 5 or so years.<br>
Bob Nogueira <br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=