[Shop-talk] Heating question (not so much shop related.)

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Heating question (not so much shop related.)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 09:26:33 -0500 11/24/2021 09:26:34 AM, Serialize complete at 11/24/2021 09:26:34 AM
--===============4804246564788793993==

--=_alternative 004F55CA85258797_=

OK, this is more of a thought experiment, but here is the back story.

My house is over 200 years old.  2 years ago I got  vinyl siding and
better insulation.  REALLY good insulation.
I have programmable thermostats (2 zones, downstairs and upstairs.)
I keep them at about 64 degrees when I'm there.
Turns out, the batteries in the upstairs one went dead and my upstairs
zone hasn't turned on in over a year.
HOWEVER, I really like how the house is.  The downstairs is as warm as I
want, and the upstairs is just slightly cooler, but it's perfect for
sleeping.

My question is, is it more efficient to have the upstairs not run heat? Or
is the downstairs working much harder to compensate?

I know there are lots of variables, but what do you guys think?

Thanks!

Moose
--=_alternative 004F55CA85258797_=

but here is the back story. &nbsp;</font>
years ago I got &nbsp;vinyl siding and better insulation. &nbsp;REALLY
good insulation.</font>
downstairs and upstairs.)</font>
I'm there.</font>
one went dead and my upstairs zone hasn't turned on in over a year.</font>
is. &nbsp;The downstairs is as warm as I want, and the upstairs is just
slightly cooler, but it's perfect for sleeping.</font>
to have the upstairs not run heat? &nbsp;Or is the downstairs working much
harder to compensate?</font>
but what do you guys think?</font>

--===============4804246564788793993==--