[Shop-talk] Hydraulic Jack Diagnosis

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Hydraulic Jack Diagnosis
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 14:03:09 -0400

--000000000000ec85d705df9d89db

Just trying to keep from going down the wrong rabbit hole..   On Thursday,
I think I blew up the TR6 differential.  I pulled out my handy Craftsman
3.5 ton floor jack (50145) and discovered it will not raise any weight.  It
will pump up with no load, and does not seem to creep down under the load
of my immense personal bulk.  To me, this indicates a pump problem - seals
or valves.  It is full of oil, and has worked well for the last 25 years or
so.

I found a kit that seems reputable for $30 (
https://www.hcrcnow.com/shop/seal-kits/product/8118 ) that contains all the
seals to rebuild it, but that place doesn't carry oil.  I can get any
number of different brands of jack oil locally, so I don't think that's
going to be a problem.

Any other thing I might check before I pull the trigger?

--000000000000ec85d705df9d89db

..=C2=A0 =C2=A0On Thursday, I think I blew up the TR6 differential.=C2=A0 I=
 pulled out my handy Craftsman 3.5 ton floor jack (50145) and discovered it=
 will not raise any weight.=C2=A0 It will pump up with no load, and does no=
t seem to creep down under the load of my immense personal bulk.=C2=A0 To m=
e, this indicates a pump problem - seals or valves.=C2=A0 It is full of oil=
, and has worked well for the last 25 years or so.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></d=
iv><div dir=3D"auto">I found a kit that seems reputable for $30 ( <a href=
=3D"https://www.hcrcnow.com/shop/seal-kits/product/8118";>https://www.hcrcno=
w.com/shop/seal-kits/product/8118</a> ) that contains all the seals to rebu=
ild it, but that place doesn&#39;t carry oil.=C2=A0 I can get any number of=
 different brands of jack oil locally, so I don&#39;t think that&#39;s goin=
ther thing I might check before I pull the trigger?</div></div>

--000000000000ec85d705df9d89db--

--===============0509793066344882642==

--===============0509793066344882642==--