Re: [Shop-talk] Hydraulic Jack Diagnosis

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Hydraulic Jack Diagnosis
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:03:32 -0400
> That's an odd set of symptoms

Indeed.

I went through the bleeding instructions...with each stroke of the
pump, I can see oil moving in the reservoir (with the release valve
open).  This tells me the air is out and the pump is moving
fluid....but...while testing this, I left the handle in the midway
position (with the release valve closed), and noticed that it falls to
horizontal pretty quickly.  This seems to be further evidence that
something is wrong with the pump.  The jack itself does not seem to
drift down.