RE: 1970 Spitfire rear "plinth"

To: "Lindsay, Mike" <LindsayM@fish.govt.nz>
Subject: RE: 1970 Spitfire rear "plinth"
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:38:58 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Lindsay, Mike wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks muchly for your help. Once again this list (and persons like
> yourself) prove invaluable.
>
> 1. You have confirmed my suspicions that a part # for this plinth is non
> existent.

Maybe not totally non-existent, but I don't happen to have a Triumph
spare parts catalog edition late enough to cover the 1970 model. :-(

> 2. I was not aware that the same plinth was on the GT6.

Yes, again only for the 1970 model year, though.

> I have a friend with a GT6. I will have a close look at it next time I
> see her
> and work out just how difficult it would be to make a plinth.
> I have found a listing for the number plate lights and the reversing
> light in
> the Holden (UK) catalogue so at least I know I will be able to get them.

They're pretty much "proprietary" Lucas items. In fact, the reversing
lamp is almost identical to that used on early Herald 1200s, as the front
side lamp! The only difference is that the Herald had a dual-filament bulb.

--Andy