Re: 1970 Spitfire rear "plinth"

To: "Lindsay, Mike" <LindsayM@fish.govt.nz>
Subject: Re: 1970 Spitfire rear "plinth"
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:24:10 -0800
Mike,
After an extensive conversation with my resident Triumph "expert" I have
a basic understanding of what you are after.  And as I originally
suspected, the late 1970 Mk3 rear plinth is that you need.  It has the
center mounted reverse light and twin number plate lamps.  I did not get
the part number, but I did manage to locate one for you.  Barry Nelson
sail he has at least one (maybe 2) and will part with it (them) for
$30.00 each (US) plus shipping.  If you are interested, let me know and
I will tell you how to contact him.

Regards,
Joe Curry

Lindsay, Mike wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks muchly for your help. Once again this list (and persons like
> yourself)
> prove invaluable.
>
> 1. You have confirmed my suspicions that a part # for this plinth is non
> existent.
> 2. I was not aware that the same plinth was on the GT6.
>
> I have a friend with a GT6. I will have a close look at it next time I
> see her
> and work out just how difficult it would be to make a plinth.
> I have found a listing for the number plate lights and the reversing
> light in
> the Holden (UK) catalogue so at least I know I will be able to get them.
>
> Thanks again
> Mike
>
> 1970 Mk III spitfire
> Wellington NZ