Stinky ol' Spitfire #3 (fuel pump)

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stinky ol' Spitfire #3 (fuel pump)
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 07:28:01 -0500
Hi all (That's both SPITFIRE and TRIUMPH lists)!

Now that I have reduced the gas leakage from my ZS carb to one drop,  the
gas pump got jealous and has taken to leaking  on the garage floor. [BTW
the leak has done a fine job of flushing out the Bendix drive on my
starter.   Are you listening, Nikki? :-0 )

Should I replace it with another stock pump, or do electric fuel pumps
offer clear reliability or cost advantages?   If I go the electric route,
what do I need to convert?

All war stories welcome!

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO (On the road and LOVING it!)

Succasunna, NJ USA
"Now that cars are better, why do they keep lowering the speed limits?"