Things to spend my money on, suspension

To: Spit Fires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Things to spend my money on, suspension
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:02:12 +0000
Any of you got any answers to these questions.

OK my car's been off the road too long.  So apart from a bit of body
work, I need to fits some stuff to the suspension.  My car has always
been a bit hard to keep straight, not that umm let's say it descides
where it's going to go, and I am after your thaughts on my list of
things to replace.

Rear
New rear shocks, and shock bushes.
New brake shoes, and brake rubber kit.

Front
New anti-role bar mount on chassy, new bushes, and new vertical links.
New right hand tie rod end, to match the new one fitted by the PO.
Second hand stub axles.

Should I fit new stearing rack mounts, whilst I replace the gaters?

Are new wish-bone bushes recomended?

Do polyurothain bushes make any difference, if so where are they best
and where do they not justifie there cost.

Maby new front shocks and sprigs, do you think I should replace them
anyway?
If so which type, the normal or fast road breed, there 5 pounds more,
but I wounder wether they might help.  Or does having hard spings on the
front and a standad spring at the back cause problems??

Should I totaly strip the wishbones, de-rust and repaint.  Put back with
the caster set to 0 deg???

What's colours the anti-role bar ment to be, chassy colour or black?

Thanks

James
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot