Re: Changing 67' Rear end

To: NA Campiglia <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Subject: Re: Changing 67' Rear end
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 14:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, NA Campiglia wrote:

> Hello all,
> My question today is:
> If I have all the components available, is it wise to change the narrow
> track rear end of the 67' with the wider track of the 76'.  I DO have all
> the components on hand.

I think you'd derive about 95% percent of the "benefits" by simply using
the swing-spring coupled with the fatter front sway bar (and at least
4.5" wheels, assuming you still have the original 3.5" ones for the '67).

The simpler conversion is more like an easy afternoon. The "compleat"
conversion, with axles, radius arms and their pivots, differential,
swapping yokes on your driveshaft to mate with the larger input flange on
a newer diff., etc., etc., is more like a serious weekend plus.

My $.02...

--Andy