Re: Changing 67' Rear end

To: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Changing 67' Rear end
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 14:56:19 -0700
Chris,
I did the upgrade but stayed with the shorter axles.  With two different
sets of 5.5" wheels (one offset an extra inch outward) I have not had
any clearance problems.  With the negative camber attained by the longer
axles, I can't see how using them would add to clearance problems,
unless the extra negative camber causes the tires to rub on the inside
of the fender wells.  Mine, of course, is a '63.

Chris Prugh wrote:

> Hey kids,
>
>         I'd be careful here....I seem to remember a buddies 68 had quite the
>clearance problem after completing the swing spring swap.  Seem to recall he
>had to stay with the narrower rims/tires.  Maybe others who have first hand
>knowledge of this swap can clarify.
>
> Chris Prugh
> 72 Spitfar
> Morgan Hill, CA