Re: Spit safety question...

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Spit safety question...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 03:33:12 -0400
James wrote:

> I remember seeing a crash documentary on tv here are some of the things
> it mentioned.
>
> 1987 Ford Fiesta (Small 700 kg hatch back) v a 1975 RR (2000 kg) 50 mph

  That range rover has a HUGE crumple zone.... the Fiesta!

  In all seriousness, that's not a fair comparison. Because of
mass, that range rover didn't decelerate very fast at all. Think
of a 10 pound bowling ball smacking into 6 ounce pins. The pins
get all the acceleration.

  The original discussion centered around SMALL LIGHT cars with
strong chassis, our LBCs, or small light cars with crumple
zones, such as the typical Corollas.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/