Re: My "new" Spitfire

To: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Subject: Re: My "new" Spitfire
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 06:49:57 +0000
There are two flasher units, one for the indcators one for the
hazzards.  I have found that a multimeter is no good for seeing if there
is power to a joint.  The high resistance joints in the circuet will
appere as normal voltage.  You are best using the ohm-metere part of it
to test the wire.  Even better a test lamp, with the voltmeter connected
accross.  If the voltage is a bit low, you may still light the lamp, but
will notice the voltage on the meter being lower than 11.2v.

Even so, volts, and ohms are nessecery.  Amps with a magnetic pickup if
you are feeling rich, the ones where you have to brake the circuet are
not that much use.  How much money do you have?

Haven't found much use for my osciliscope yet:-)
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot