Re: Mail list window stickers

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Mail list window stickers
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:10:36 +0100
Joe,

Great idea in principle! I'll take one for my Renault. My cars are in a
distant land for the time being.

> As for design, since the wreath logos seem to be the most popular.......

In that regard, I don't think it's such a great idea and if there's a
consensus for laurels, count me out. What's wrong with the Triumph Globe?
Can anyone imagine the MG fraternity getting rid of the Octogon in favour
of the much later logo which employed the Leyland twisted ****hole? I can't
- but this is how it reads to me and the difference is the same.
In any case the laurels are essentially from the Leyland era - which was
long after The Triumph Motor Company under Siegfried Betteman / The Triumph
Motor Company (1945) Limited under Sir John Black and Standard-Triumph
under Alick Dick respectively had put these cars on the world map and
gained international recognition for them. Okay, so Spits, GT6's and TR's
from the 4 onwards were Leyland sponsored, but do we really want to abandon
heritage and tradition? By stretching the imagination, I sort of look on
using the laurels to identify Triumphs as akin to the Brits taking over
your space shuttle, calling it ours and slapping our Union Flag on it to
prove the claim.

> If somebody has recommendations for alternative designs I would also
> like to hear about them as well.

The proposal obviously covers identifying cars whose owners subscribe to
the lists. What about something whereby the owners can identify themselves
to one another 'on screen.' For my part, I've often wondered, what the rest
of you guys look like - so has Mr. Geocities (or some other benevolent ISP)
got some free webspace where we can put a picture of ourselves and allow
the Devil to Cast his Net......

Regards
John Mac