Re: Fuel pump & cylinder sleeves

To: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump & cylinder sleeves
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 07:05:49 +0000
The engins for the late 1298 and the 1495 exactly the same.  They have
the same bore and bearings etc.   The con-rods on the two engins are the
same.  The only difference lies in the pistons and crank.  The crank on
the 1495 is longer, and to stop the pistons hitting the cylinder head,
the small ends were moved up in the piston.   This is why it's extreamly
had to tell the difference between the 1500 and 1300.  I fitted my car
with 1300 instead.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot