Re: Sometimes you just get lucky!!!

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Sometimes you just get lucky!!!
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:00:45 -0700
Yep. Something I've learned the hard way with my motor translplant
spit, if your adding/moving hoses or wires, think carefully about
what they're resting on or near. When the motor is going, that resting
is likely to turn into sawing.

Enjoy your trip Joe. Hopefully you guys are having as fine
convertable weather as we are down here in CA.

Joe Curry wrote:

[...]
> In order to solve the problem, I had to remove the Oil cooler adapter
> and hoses to get to the connection to the rack.  When I removed this
> stuff, I found that the coupler had a bolt almost all the way out and
> one of the hoses was worn almost all the way through.  Apparently the
> hoses were resting on the coupler and the turning motion rubbed the hose
> and wore it and also wore the safety wire holding one of the bolts in.
>
> I repaired the damage and re-mounted the hoses so that they do not
> contact the coupler.

[...]

--
Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com