Re: Road Spring Compresser

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Road Spring Compresser
From: Patrick Barber <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:42:04 -0400
James, I really don't think you will get rid of this "arc" in the front
spring.  The spring is designed with the ends ground parallel. The Spring
Seats on the front suspension are not parallel when the spring is fully
extended, but are parallel when the shock bottoms out.  I suggest that you
rotate the spring such that the inner arc (or the short side) faces the
piviot on the lower A-arm and the outter portion of the arc facing the
tire.

--
Patrick Barber
74 Spitfire 1500 (FM14774U)