If only I were smarter

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: If only I were smarter
From: GT6in@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:32:20 EDT
  I wanted to replace the u-joints over a year ago when I had the driveshaft
out.  Now I'm paying the price.  Just got my GT6 back from the paint shop
yesterday, decide to go for a drive today.  I get gas, drive 30ft then BANG.
Car sounds like it got shot and shakes like mad.  Pull into a parking lot and
a guy is yelling to me saying a few pieces flew off your car.  Two of the yoke
ends were in the road.  What is wierd is it was so sudden no prior clunking or
vibrating.
  So now my question is, can I take the driveshaft out without pullling the
trans cover?  Any easier way to do it than the book says?  My car is Non-Od.
Thanks
Tom