Re: Valences, valences and more valences

To: Ryan Smith <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Valences, valences and more valences
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 11:19:23 +0000
I am thinking about makeing myself some new front vailances out of
aluminium.  I was thinking though if I make a paper template to bend the
aluminuum into shape do I draw the fold line for the outside edge of the
fold, the inside, the middle or somewhere inbetween. I think this will
help with anyone trying to make bits up for there car.  Expecialy when
using relativly thick aluminium(in compraison to steel).

i.e. this
       ___A___
#       |   |
#       |   |
#       |   |
#       |   |
#     l1| l2|
#       |   |
#       |   |
#       |  _|_
*##    _|_  C
l1 = A->B
l2 = A->C

So if I wanted somthing to stick out from the surface l2 do I have to
make the fold at point C.

My idea was to make them up with the round edge not beain bent (ala card
orriginals), but if needs be putting some door weather proofing on that
edge.  I don't know wether it's posible to tell what the clearence is.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot