SPEEDO CABLE

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SPEEDO CABLE
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:33:48
OK your cruising right along at say about 45mph then you look down and it
says your doing )mph!!!  Well with a brand new cable (3 months old) you
know thats not the problem, right?  WRONG!  I went last night to find out
my new cable sheared right in half about halfway up.  (this is the cable
for the O/D that goes all the way to the back of the speedo ((not some sort
of revealing swimwear)).  My question is WHY!  What could be a cause of
this.  Is this a fluke or am I missing something.  Do you need to lubricate
the cable?  Graphite or something.  Help before I do this again.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spit that does 0 to 0 in no time at all