Trunk hinges for Herald

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Trunk hinges for Herald
From: "S.V.Ramani" <enecne@md3.vsnl.net.in>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:15:34 +0530
Mike,

May be I can help you. Just to be sure,  can you put the dimensions and the

position of the holes on a piece of paper and mail to me so that it can
check. I think it may be possible to get new ones,I  bought one pair for my
Indian version of the Herald  called Gazel with four doors,948cc
last year.

The part number is 604917/8. They are the same for Herald and Spitfire (
borrowed knowledge from John Kipping Catalogue with a list price for new
ones from John Kippings I think is 21 pound sterlings.)p,s I have never
seen a Spit in my life)

Maybe we can find a second hand one for you here but then you are so far
away so how do we get it across for you ? Postage would about USD 15 max
(They charge on min basis, i suppose) , cost could be about USD max 10USD
may be muchless! I paid only USD5 last year for new ones here. By the way
there could be quite a few spares from new as well as oldie shops-- India
works hard to salvaging at every piece of items ffom old car-  No crushers
here- would you believe that I got a Carb (Solex) adjustment screw from the
oldies!.for 50cents! all cleaned up and fine with the original springs.  or
a brand new steering wheel for the Herald at 3 USD. ( He has some more) If
onlysomeone could consolidate the requsirement. Doyou know that they still
make the tie rod ends and trunnions, master cylinders, repair kts water
pumps, and some more -that is what is keeping my car running. Lasr week I
saw a hard top in good shape for Herald with a new by oldie shop - some one
had decided to convert his hard top to converitble.

bye
Ramanii
Gazel 74, MkI,  Gazel 77 Mk2  ( 4 door Herald 948 ccfor those who do not
know the difference)

My address' S.V.Ramani B602, Riverdale, 4
th Main RoadExtn, Kottur Gardens,Madras India 600085 or Fax 91 44 434 4500
or 2350505. Let me know yours,